BabyBio column - preparation for use
This video describes the correct way to remove the detachable end-part of the column before attaching it to the chromatographic system or whatever fitting you are using.
To prepare the column for use:
- Twist off the detachable end-part
- Make sure that the detachable end-part is twisted off at the very end of the column, protecting the cone shape that fits to the chromatographic system
- Make sure that there is a clean-cut/smooth surface on the column end after twisting
- Make sure that the column is tightened to the chromatographic system (or fitting used)
- Do not use excess force to tighten the column to the chromatographic system (or fitting used)
- The above can be applied to both 1 ml and 5 ml columns.